2-DAY WATER RATIONING STARTS TODAY
From The San Juan Daily Star:
Starting Wednesday, some 160,000 citizens who receive water from Lake
Carraízo will enter into the second phase of the water rationing plan, which
is two consecutive days without potable water followed by one day with it,
Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (PRASA) Director Alberto Lá-
zaro announced. “This decision to extend to a second phase arises from the
dramatic reductions [in water levels] at Carraízo reservoir, due to the severe
drought many municipalities are facing, especially those whose rivers feed
the reservoir,” Lázaro said, adding that the level of the reservoir is at 36.34
meters, which means that during the weekend the water level went down by
more than .17 centimeters.
MAN SHOT DURING FACEBOOK MEETING
A Carolina man was shot last night at the Jardines de Montellano public hou-
sing project in Cayey as he was meeting in person a woman he had found on
Facebook. Shortly after arriving at the projects number 69 building, two males
approached the man and asked him what he was doing there, immediately after
which they opened fire. The victim was transported to Centro Médico in Río
Piedras with gun shot wounds to the chest. He is in stable condition, as repor-
ted today by El Nuevo Día.
NEW STORES DEBUT AT MALL OF SAN JUAN
From Caribbean Business:
The retail establishments offer a variety of products and services. BCBG
Max Azria offers women’s ready-to-wear and accessory collections; Evo-
cent has handcrafted jewelry and accessories; Lush Fresh Handmade Cos-
metics, a first on the island, sells hair and beauty products; Swiss-watch
manufacturer OMEGA ’s first local store; Perfume Plus; the first Brow Art
23 store on the market; watches and jewelry from Invicta’s only store in
Puerto Rico; and apparel and accessory store Zara’s second local store.
COTTO WANTS CANELO ALVAREZ FOR NEXT FIGHT
From International Business Times:
After Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico pulverized Daniel Geale of Australia in
just four rounds Saturday, Cotto wasted no time in calling out Mexico's Ca-
nelo Alvarez for his next fight. "Let's do it," Cotto told HBO commentator
Max Kellerman after the match with Geale. "Before that, I want to spend
some time with my family and enjoy them again, but then it's back to L.A.
and training for Canelo [Alvarez]." Cotto and Alvarez did not want to “do it”
earlier this year when negotiations for the fight broke down at the last minute.
Instead, the Puerto Rican faced an overmatched Australian -- just another
tune-up fight before the potential big money fight against Alvarez.