Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Closings And Postponements Due To Erika
This page will be updated as new information comes in. Below are closings
and postponements happening tomorrow due to the expected passage of
Tropical Storm Erika.
** Dozens of flights out of San Juan's LMM Airport have been cancelled
or delayed. Contact your airline before leaving for the airport. **
* Puerto Rico government offices and public schools in eastern part
of Puerto Rico will be closed tomorrow and open until noon in
the rest of the island.
* Vieques/Culebra ferries from Fajardo: last ferry will leave Fajardo at 4:00
AM Thursday. Last ferries from Vieques and Culebra will leave at 10:00
AM. After that, ferries will not operate again until further notice.
* Arecibo Observatory: Closed tomorrow and Friday.
* Amnesty International's screening of “Citizens of Nowhere” postponed until
* San Jose and Puerto Nuevo Diagnostic & Treatment Centers will remain
open tomorrow for as long as weather conditions allow.
* San Juan non-emergency city employees are being advised to not come to
work on Thursday. City offices will therefore be closed.
* El Yunque National Forest will be closed tomorrow. It may reopen Friday
depending on conditions.
* The Bacardi Distillery in Cataño will be closed tomorrow Thursday.
* Instituto de Banca y Comercio: night classes cancelled tomorrow. Friday's
schedule depends on conditions.
* National University College: No NIGHT classes Thursday. Friday's schedule
depends on conditions.
* University of Puerto Rico, ALL Campuses: No classes or administrative activities
* Universidad Central de Bayamón: No classes Thursday.
* All Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fajardo-Humacao: No class Thursday
* Colegio Bautista de Caguas: No class Thursday.
* San Juan YMCA: Closed tomorrow Thursday.
* Ana G. Méndez University System (All Schools) - Closing at 3:00 PM on
Thursday. UPDATE: Classes will end at noon on Thursday now.
* Oriental Bank: Branches in Ceiba, Humacao, Las Piedras & Yabucoa open
tomorrow 8:30 AM -10:30 AM. Other branches open until 3:00 PM.
* Sagrado Corazon University will end classes at noon Thursday.
* Universidad Interamericana will end classes at noon Thursday.